App lock will not turn off

TSQL
TSQL
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security
App lock works fine when I have it turned on and it does what its supposed to do when I am connected to a designated trusted wifi network.
But...
When I go into 'Settings' and turn it off, it does not turn off. Example - I am at home and NOT on my trusted wifi. I turn the App Lock off, but it stays on - each protected app STILL requires my PIN to access it.
Is this a bug or am I missing something when it comes to turning this feature off?
T

Answers

• Update...
    This morning, it appeared to have turned off overnight - apps were accessible without having to input PIN.
    But, by late morning (3 or so hours later) it was back on, asking for PIN each time a protected app was accessed. I checked in settings - the button was OFF.
    This is really odd behaviour indeed.
    Can anyone from Bitdefender chime in here and perhaps offer some advice.
    TIA
    T
  • Update...
    This is interesting. The app lock remained off until 1300 today where it just came back and remains on til this time (now is 2150 here). I am guessing that sometime overnight it will turn off and be off when I get up tomorrow morning.
    What's going on? Why is this happening? Does anyone have any ideas?
    It should be off until I turn it on and vice versa. Or am I missing something here?
  • OK, another update, just in case it helps with finding a solution.
    This morning, once again app lock had reverted to its OFF state. Fine. Unlike yesterday, it did not come back on at 1300.
    It stayed off all afternoon. Earlier this evening (around 1900-ish local time) I turned it on, then off again. Turning it off had no effect It's after 2200 now, and despite appearing to be turned off in the settings, it is still on and all affected apps ask for a PIN.
    This is weird - anyone at all got any idea as to what is happening?
  • Anyone got any thoughts at all?
  • > @TSQL said:
    > Anyone got any thoughts at all?

Guess not
  • @Adams456 said:
    > It's because apps takes time to startup. Once the phone is switched on, the app lock needs to startup in background to function.

The phone had been on for days when this was happening.
    The app was well and truly started up.
    Now, tonight, app lock was turned off. I put the phone on a trusted wifi for five mins then took it off. With app lock still turned off, it is now back on - the protected apps are now asking for the PIN before they can be used.
    I tried turning app lock on and back off again. This had no effect.
    I am guessing it will do the same as before. That is turn off at some random time tomorrow.
  • I have also same issue anyone have solution for this issue so please reply .