Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Honeypots Signal Active Log4Shell 0-Day Attacks Underway

Options
Mike_BD
Mike_BD admin
edited February 2023 in News & Blogs

Log4Shell is a 0-day vulnerability in the Log4j Java library that allows attackers to download and run scripts on targeted servers, leaving them open to complete remote control. After a user posted a proof-of-concept (PoC) on Twitter, Bitdefender’s honeypots started to register attacks using the PoC, underlining just how severe this vulnerability is.

Log4j is not just another Java library. It’s embedded in servers and services from all over the world, used by companies such as Apple, Amazon, Cloudflare, Steam, various Apache server types, ElasticSearch, and many others.

Read the full article below:

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

Comments

• Ehay2k
    Options
    Do any Bitdefender products use Log4j?
  • Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @Ehay2k ,

Thanks for the question on the Expert Community.

No additional risks posed by this vulnerability to customers using our products and services have been identified at this time. We continue to actively monitor and will deploy any needed mitigation countermeasures should they be required.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Chrisp1
    Options
    Hello Mike & Happy New Year to you and yours;

I couldn't help but notice that you did not answer Ehay2k's question, which is "Do any Bitdefender products use Log4j?" A valid question and concern as Bitdefender utilizes many cloud based services.

Seems like a yes/no question to me. Answering "No additional risks posed by this vulnerability to customers using our products and services have been identified..." implies the correct answer would be, "Yes". Your answer also implies Bitdefender will respond appropriately after the fact, something that seems to contradict your overall message about employing the Log4j 2.15.0 patch immediately.

Regards,
    Chris
  • Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hello @Chrisp1 and welcome to our Community!

Sorry for the late response, many of us have been on holidays and I hope you had some awesome ones!

Bitdefender products are not vulnerable to Log4j.

Cheers,

Mike