Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Get Error 9 when trying to connect to vpn on pc

Options

I just got Bitdefender Total Security. I have vpn on my laptop and on my Android. Whenever I try to connect to vpn on my pc, I get the Error 9. I've tried the things the article suggests but it still won't connect, yet, the vpn on my phone works fine.

Any help? I don't find a Tech Support number, which I would think there should be.

Thanks!

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LisaDski and welcome to the Community!

Check the below article on steps to follow when encountering such VPN errors:

Let us know if this was helpful.

If the situation persists after applying these instructions, you can reach our Technical Support Teams by choosing one of the available contact channels below:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem - error code 9 - win 10, dell laptop using Wi-Fi connection. Android VPN works over Wi-Fi.

Just as OP stated... tried everything in troubleshooting suggestions including uninstalling then reinstalling.

I did just update windows and I did use the "one-click optimiser" and threw out a bunch of Windows "Junk Files"

Prior to this VPN was working perfectly. Pleas Help

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hello @toastpaint,

In the event the troubleshooting steps did not help, the only option to find out what is really going on there is to get in touch with one of the engineers, as they can requests some logs from you and based on their findings, advise on further steps. The steps presented above usually fix these issues, but in some cases, more information is required, if they do not fix the issue.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

@LisaDski did the troubleshooting instructions help?

Best wishes.

• argonne
    edited November 2022
    Options

I ran into the same problem after trying to clean up my startup in SystemConfig/startup (Win 10)... I had turned off an item labeled "afvpn" from Anchor Free Software.

With the BD VPN app on the screen, I was going to - through trial and error check each modification.... Thankfully, the offending service began with an "A"!!

Once I checked the box, to re-enable, I clicked apply, and viola - I clicked start on the app, no more problems.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @argonne and thank you for sharing your findings with the community. This will prove helpful for other members that may encounter the same behaviour in the future. Much appreciated.

Regards

• Gez
    Options

Hey Team, just want to share a similar experience where I too received an ERROR 9 code. Just prior to the error, I had disabled several enabled functions/apps in START UP.

I then went back to Task Manager - Startup, and begun enabling anything I had disabled (one at a time). Voila! In my instance, it was enabling Cortana which allowed me VPN connection. I don't know how this was the issue, fact is no more Error 9, and am connected.

• CTsr
    Options

I have experienced problems before with error code 9.

After re-trying the connect button 2 or 3 times it would connect but only for a very short period of time. This was not acceptable, so in desperation, I purchased the full program to see if that would work This was working for a while but then I started having Code 9 reappear again.

I lost hope of trusting the program and purchased Nod VPN which has been a nightmare because I didn't want to mess with my Bit Defender program.

So I turned off NOD VPN and tried to use BitDefender's VPN again. It seemed to be working okay until today when Code 9 appeared and is persistent in Code 9'ing me.

I'm about to throw in the towel on this one.

CTsr.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @CTsr and thanks for joining us here.

Did you try the troubleshooting steps from the below article?

This would be a starting point. However, if the error message persists afterwards, or comes back later on, I think this would require a more detailed investigation of the affected machine. Should you wish to get in touch with a Bitdefender engineer, head to the link below, state your reason of contact and choose the desired support channel:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex