Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

updating licenses within the download program

Options

why can't when I order a new license Bitdefender can't or more like update my program. they say it will happen after my current subscription expires? Is that true? when someone orders a new subscription why can't Bitdefender like everyone else just add the new time? so say that my subscription ends in 18 days and I buy a new subscription why not just add the new year to the 18 days and tell me that now I have 383 days or 1 yr and 18 days.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @taylor1277 and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender is transitioning to an upgraded subscription type, one that allows the user more flexibility in choosing the activation that is best suited for his needs.

For instance, there are two ways of activating two subscriptions of the same kind. In the event you have an existing subscription, which is due to expire soon, when redeeming the newly purchased activation code you can choose to extend the validity

In the event you have sufficient validity in your account, but wish to protect additional devices, you may choose to redeem the second code as a new subscription and run it in parallel with the previous one, thus having more slots available for protection.

You may also have multiple different subscriptions running at the same time in your account.

For more information regarding the activation process, you may consult the following article:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1715/

Subscription continuity is ensured by the automatic renewal feature only. In the event of a manual purchase, a new activation code is generated and this must be manually redeemed in the Central account, where the activation type should be selected.

It is important to note that, the validity extension can be performed only if the new code is for the same product as the existing one and can protect the same variation of devices. For example, if the Central account has an active Total Security subscription that can cover up to 5 devices, its validity cannot be extended using an activation code of a Total Security subscription that can protect up to 10 devices, and the latter can only be activated in paralell.

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Stay safe and enjoy your Bitdefender product.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user