Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Don't Renew Early........

Options

So apparently, I was offered an opportunity from the Bitdefender app on my computer to renew my license early in November of 2021. My license was not to expire until January of 2022 but I figured it was a great deal and it would beat me forgetting to renew in January. Fast forward to today, where I see my subscription has expired and I go to renew but my code had "expired" for whatever reason. I call support, they fix the issue, but put the wrong subscription date. When I call support back, I'm told that the new date (November 2022) is the correct date due to date of purchase. I told support that the date is wrong due to me having an active subscription at the time of purchase.

Needless to say that I was told that a ticket was being placed to "higher ups" to discuss this issue. I have included the actual date of expiration, which is in my profile. I have also included the email which has the incorrect date.

I honestly like this suite and have used it for a while but figure if this is how they treat customers then I will move on to something else.

Don't Renew early. Take care.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JustHek and welcome to the Community!

The expiration date was adjusted accordingly and your devices are now protected until January 30th, 2023.

The reason behind the validity discrepancy you have encountered is the validity countdown of the activation code, which starts right after the purchase. This means that, the code should be redeemed in the Central account straight after the purchase.

If the code is redeemed upon arrival, the validity of the existing license will be cumulated and extended (if the new activation code is for the same product and covers the same variation of devices as the license that is about to expire).

Thus, the early renewal did not influence the expiration date and this is the expected behaviour of the activation code.

Bitdefender is transitioning to an upgraded subscription type, one that allows the user more flexibility in choosing the activation that is best suited for his needs and the upgraded activation process is one of the first steps in migrating to a subscription based model that will enhance the customers’ experience.

A single Central account supports the activation and usage in parallel of multiple subscriptions valid for the same Bitdefender product (e.g. Bitdefender Total Security for 5 devices and Bitdefender Total Security for 10 devices), with the scope to protect more devices.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I agree that BD's renewal process is confusing, and I have also encountered errors. In 2022, for example, the renewal notice was sent more than a month before the subscription expiration date. Then BD auto-renewed, and generated an invoice, a month early, on Feb 15 instead of Mar 19. I went to BD support, My Products. There it shows the Feb renewal/billing date and correct expiration date for the new subscription (Mar 19). (There is also an error: Activation year is shown as 2021, not 2022.)

The renewal process was confusing enough that I thought it might be a scam; also because the website for renewal is 2checkout.com, which sounded (until I looked it up) like it might be fake.

One thing that would make things clearer is to put the expiration date in the renewal notifications AND in the invoice.

Much better would be to send renewal notices early (with expiration date) but not date and send the invoice until the current subscription actually ends.

BD Anti Virus Plus seems to be a good product. I have used it for several years. But I would consider switching because of this issue alone. Also, BD live support, while readily reached, was not very clear and reassuring on this matter.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Hemlock7,

I have noticed you have contacted our Support Teams and they've recently responded on the open case.

Notifications are sent 7 days before your subscription expires to remind you about the auto-renewal and to provide you the option to keep or cancel this service. A cancellation link for the subscription is provided within the email.

To get a better understanding of the auto-renewal, read this article – Bitdefender’s Auto-Renewal Service.

It is true that prior to this setting, notifications were also sent 30 days before the actual renewal date, but this has been changed.

As the Bitdefender products and services available online on our website are not sold directly, but with the help of official vendors such as 2Checkout and Digital River, these partners also manage the notification process and subscription expiration and renewal flows.

Esentially, the automatic renewal feature ensures a seamless and hassle free renewal process, similar with streaming services. This option was implemented due to customer requests, as these days it can be challenging to keep up with all the invoices and bills for utilities and services, so this keeps your defenses activated without interruption for all devices covered by your current subscription.

We are glad to hear you enjoy the Bitdefender solution and I hope you will remain our faithful customer for many years to come. Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions on this matter.

Best regards.

• I just extended my BitDefender Total Security subscription for 2 years. After entering the activation code on the Bitdefender Central site the subscription end/expiration date was correct. I had 394 days left on original subscription. The end date on the client however did not get the get updated with the newly extended date/# days. It stayed at 394 days. I tried rebooting, then forcing an update and reboot and it still does not show the proper expiration number of days. Anyone have any ideas why? It is running on a Windows 7 machine.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JeffO

Hello.

Did you follow the steps from my post here (just click on "View Post"):

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JeffO,

In addition to Gjoksi's above comment, I have checked your account and noticed that the validity of your Total Security subscription was extended to 2026. Try to re-enter the email address associated with your Central account in the product interface by clicking on the "Switch account" option. This will synchronize the product with Central and the expiration date should be updated accordingly afterwards.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again.

As already mentioned by @Alexandru_BD, do the steps below.

First, log out from your Bitdefender Central account.

Next, on all Windows devices with Bitdefender installed, open the Bitdefender program and do this:

In the next dialog boxes enter your e-mail and password that you used for your Bitdefender account and subscription and click on "Sign in".

You are done.

(The next step is only for all Android devices with Bitdefender Mobile Security installed)

In Bitdefender Mobile Security, click on the "More" menu and on the top of the dialog box, click on your account name, then click on "Log out of your account".

In the next dialog boxes enter your e-mail and password that you used for your Bitdefender account and subscription and click on "Sign in".

You are done.

Wait a few seconds and sign in back to your Bitdefender Central account.

Now, in Bitdefender Central, you will have displayed the correct number of protected devices with the correct Bitdefender product installed on each device and you will not get any "At Risk" messages.

If that didn't help, try uninstall/reinstall the Bitdefender products on both Windows, by using the Uninstall Tool:

and Android.

Finally, if that also didn't help, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

because ONLY THEY can have access to your Bitdefender Central account and your activation code.

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• yes
    Options

How to renew early manually, disc purchased from retailer, subscriptions expire June 14, 2024

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Since you have previously purchased a license from a retailer, most likely you don't have an automatic renewal feature enabled by default, so you'll have to place a new manual renewal order on the official Bitdefender website. You can use this renewal link to get a good discount for your desired product, or you can purchase another license from a trusted Bitdefender partner/reseller. You can access the online Partner Locator to find the nearest seller.

When you get the activation code, check this article for a step-by-step activation guide:

Keep in mind that the validity of your current security solution can only be extended if the two licenses are identical. Should you purchase a different product or wish to upgrade your protection, you will be given the option to activate in parallel with the existing license and the two will overlap until the previous one expires. Therefore, if you choose to renew early and merge validity, make sure to order the same product with the same number of slots as before.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex