Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender activates product at purchase

Options

I bought a renewal for the Bitdefender Family product on the 7th December 2021. I paid around $70 Australian dollars. When my subscription was about to run out, on February 6th 2022, I found that I had lost two months because Bitdefender had activated at purchase. To extend my subscription at 5th February, Bitdefender wanted to charge $111 Australian dollars. I raised this over the last two weeks with Support, and they said they wanted to help make my experience with Bitdefender better, but did nothing and have stopped responding to my emails. Before I used the Activation code, Bitdefender reminded me to use the code. I believe that the Activation code that I enter should be what starts the countdown. What do other users think?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Jembowilly and welcome to the Community!

The activation code lost some validity because the countdown starts right after the purchase is completed (for Bitdefender products ordered on the official website).

Bitdefender is transitioning to an upgraded subscription type, one that allows the user more flexibility in choosing the activation that is best suited for his needs and the upgraded activation process is one of the first steps in migrating to a subscription based model, that will enhance the customers’ experience.

A single Central account now supports the activation and usage in parallel of multiple subscriptions valid for the same Bitdefender product (e.g. Bitdefender Total Security for 5 devices and Bitdefender Total Security for 10 devices), but also for different products, with the scope to protect more devices. This was not possible before and the Central account could only accomodate a single subscription/license. The adjustments of the code were necessary in order to achieve this and will ensure further subscription developments as well.

Of course, the code can also be redeemed straight after the purchase, as you will not lose the remaining validity of the existing subscription, when activating prior to the expiration date. The main condition here is to activate a code for the same product as the existing one and with the same variation of devices. In this scenario, the validity will be cumulated.

Going forward, It seems that the Support Teams have received an increased number of contacts lately and some delays may occur, thus I have now added the lost validity myself, setting the new expiration date to February 8th, 2023.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Stay safe and enjoy your stay in the Community!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user