Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Very slooow downloads on my tablet and phone.

I have a tablet and a phone, both running android 11.

On the tab I have Lineage 18.1 and every couple of weeks I update Lineage. The update is 639MB and usually downloads in 6 or 7 minutes. With Bitdefender Mobile Security in the Tab, it took me 25 minutes to get to 50% so I paused the download,uninstalled Bitdefender, and resumed the download. It finished in minutes.

This morning my wife said she isn't downloading her phone updates because the downloads are so slow. I tried it and she is correct. I know if I uninstall Bitdefender the updates will download and install normally and fast.

How can I fix this so I don't have to uninstall Bitdefender every time we need to update?

Comments

• Hello @erlang3,

Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android scans apps and updates for already installed apps. Depending on the type of device, downloading and installing updates might take longer, since the files are being scanned in real time.

Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround for the situation you have encountered and the only option would be to uninstall Bitdefender for the updates to be downloaded in a timely manner.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I figured it out a way to do it.

Go to Apps and click Bitdefender, click "Force Stop", Run the download and update

reboot and restart Bitdefender in App. Worked just fine.

• Hi,

That's good news, I am glad to hear you've found a workaround! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user