Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

access tv

Options

My product is bitdefender total security.

I read all the issues about the firewall, however I am lost how I make it so the pc communicates. Can you explain to me how this is done. When I turn off the firewall, I can access the tv via wifi, but when it is on I cant.

It is a new samsung smart tv, the wi-fi is set to communicate to the tv.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jonathanshapiro123 and welcome to the Community!

The Bitdefender firewall uses a set of rules to filter data transmitted to and from your system. Depending on the network you are connected to, the firewall may block certain programs from accessing the Internet or the local network.

Bitdefender automatically assigns a network type to every network connection it detects. Depending on the network type, the firewall protection is set to the appropriate level for each connection.

Whether you connect to the internet using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter, you can configure what settings should be applied for safe navigation.

Select the Home/Office network type. The network type will always be Home /Office, disregarding the profile of the connected network. When this happens, only Firewall rules for Home/Office or those defined to apply to all network types will apply. Then, disable Stealth Mode (this establishes whether you can be detected by other devices. Click the “Edit stealth settings” to choose when your device should or should not be visible to other computers).

If this doesn't work, you can add a firewall exception for the TV's IP address, for all apps, with the IP entered in the remote address field (You can find more options in the Advanced tab). There, users can customize the following settings:

Custom Remote Address: Specify the remote IP address and port the rule applies to (this is where you can specify the TV's IP).

Custom Local Address: Specify the local IP address and port the rule applies to.

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I changed the firewall settings to home/office after that I got lost.

• I was confused on edit the stealth mode. Also about adding the TV's ip address. The information was a bit above my head.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I understand, no worries, I'm here to help. Let me know if you are currently at the Stealth Mode step, or if you have completed this already and moved to the next step, to add the TV's IP address as a custom remote address.

Cheers.

• jonathanshapiro123
    edited February 2022
    Options

i finally found the stealth mode

Another problem I noticed is that on my home computer, I cannot see the console. On my work computer I can.

my email address is: xxxxxxxxx. So far I have 4 computers with Bitdender on them

• does it show I have 4 installs? Do I need to reinstall on my home computer?

• somehow it looks like the free version of bitdefender is still active...I'm totally uinstalling bitdefender and will reinstall

• didn't help

• I called Bitdefender and they are looking into the issue, I have case#1007196693

• resolved

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I am glad to hear a solution was found. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best regards.