Backup Bitdefender Settings (VERY OLD IDEA, BUT NEVER IMPLEMENTED)

It would be VERY, VERY, VERY nice to have an option to backup/export ALL Bitdefender settings.

When you have to reïnstall your OS, it would be VERY, VERY, VERY nice to have an option to restore your settings of Bitdefender !

I now make screenshots of every settings page of BD to restore it by hand ...

Takes forever to create and restore those settings !!!

11 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @TheToolGuy and welcome to the Community!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I must say this is a very interesting idea and we are considering it.

I have forwarded your valuable feedback to our product development team for analysis.

Best regards!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• E_X
    E_X
    edited March 2022

You've been considering it since 2007 judging by posts in this very forum.

Perhaps it's time to reach a conclusion.

Fifteen years later i say is good enough, no one would accuse you of rushing.

On a less sarcastic note, whom are you people targetting?

• Manually adding firewall rules on each and every install? Who does that?
    • Barely 10 options total, everything automatic, hard-coded and behind the scenes? So as not to confuse.. again, whom? If clueless, if needing things done by the system, with no input, why not stick to Windows Defender, does the job just fine. Why pay for third party programs? Right, fine tuning.. where is that?

Got me the Internet Security trial version and i must admit, you won't be getting any money from me.

Basic options your competition has been offering since the early 2000s are still absent from your own software.

Thank you for reading.

• Upvote for this
  • Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not "a very interesting idea", that is "must have an option to backup / export all settings". And the dev team should work on that option as soon as possible, for the reasons listed above. Not to mention that (almost) all other AV vendors have that option in their products. Greetings.

• Hello @Gjoksi79_

You have a good point. It is something we should probably have.

I have forwarded this suggestion to our developers for further analysis and I have mentioned this thread for reference. We collect and send user feedback on a monthly basis and I have included your feedback for the next send out. I am looking forward to our developer's opinion. I know for a fact this idea was discarded in the past, but I am not aware of the circumstances and reason. However, I will point out the advantages of such a backup feature, especially for users that have set many rules and exceptions for the firewall.

@E_X anyone that wants the best cybersecurity solution on their devices is more than welcome, we don't need to target audiences really, as the independent reviews and facts speak for themselves 😉

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Especially for those who have multiple devices that may want to transfer those settings to, and who may have multiple exceptions and firewall rules, as Alexandru mentioned.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/