Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Actualizacion a Family pack

Options
Cazo
edited February 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

Hello, I just purchased a Family Pack of 15 licenses. Before I had Total security installed, I bought the Family pack because they said it was the same product, but I have already realized that it is not. If it were the same product, it would be enough to update the license and perhaps the software, but no. I had to uninstall Total security and install the new Pack. The problem is that it still shows me Total Security as installed and the expiration date in 2 days, just like it was before. Obviously that's why I renewed it. Should I assume that in 2 days, the new license will come into force with the new software installed? or I will have problems and will have to uninstall and install again. It doesn't seem logical to me. It's a monumental botched job for a company like this. In addition there is no information on the WEB or in support, or anywhere. Apart from the fact that on the WEB it came that the family package was the same antivirus as Total Security and it is false. I feel totally ripped off. Does anyone have this problem? Thanks

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Cazo and welcome to the Community!

The Bitdefender Family Pack has, at its core, the same Total Security product, but with a different variation of devices. As you have previously used the Total Security solution for up to 10 devices, this license could not be extended using an activation code for Family Pack - 15 devices, because of the different variation and product configuration. Essentially, the Family Pack represents an upgrade in this case.

Thus, your Family Pack subscription has been activated in parallel with the previous Total Security license and once this expires tomorrow, the devices currently covered by it will be automatically allocated to the Family Pack subscription and the changes will be reflected in your Central account shortly afterwards. You should no longer receive expiration notifications for the Total Security license, once it expires.

A single Central account now supports the activation and usage in parallel of multiple subscriptions valid for the same Bitdefender product (e.g. Bitdefender Total Security for 5 devices and Bitdefender Total Security for 10 devices), with the scope to protect more devices. The account can also accomodate multiple different subscriptions. Validity extensions of existing licenses can be achieved with the condition that the new code is for the same product and variation of devices (e.g. Total Security 10 devices can only be extended by redeeming an activation code for Total Security 10 devices, etc.).

More information regarding the activation flow and subscription management is available in the following articles:

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user