Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Harassment Via emails

Options

I purchased a copy of the VPN, did not find I used it and when the subscription ran out I uninstalled it. I received constant emails trying to get me to buy it again. I rang support and was told that the setting that stopped these emails had been changed so I shouldn't get anymore. I received another marketing email from then yesterday. Does anybody know how to stop this ridiculous harassment?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dean60 and welcome to the Community!

I have noticed your VPN subscription has been canceled by the Support Teams on February 15th. You should no longer receive notifications for this.

Have you, by any chance, purchased a VPN subscription in the past, using a different e-mail address than the one registered here? Does the notification specifically mention VPN? You also have a Total Security subscription and separate notifications can be sent regarding this as well.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• This is the very first VPN I have ever had.

The top of the email has a banner that says "Your Bitdefender Premium VPN has expired". This was copied from the email. This follows with an offer for Bitdefender Premium VPN. I don't mind receiving offers for Total Security as I have saved a lot of money using these but the emails about VPN have been relentless.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Have you clicked on the Unsubscribe option from the bottom of the VPN related e-mails you received?

Best regards.

• Clicking on Unsubscribe stops all future offers from Bitdefender. As I said before I have saved a lot of money from these offers. I just don't want to be harassed about a product I clearly do not want.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello,

The special offers notifications cannot be disabled separately. It is true that if they are disabled completely, you will no longer receive early renewal offers and promotions for your antivirus.

Best regards.

• I received an email mentioning a screen shot which did not show. If it about disabling special offers it is pointless as per previous discussion.

All I want is to stop the harassment.

My next step will be a complaint to the ACCC followed by research into the next best Internet Security Application. I will not use the products of a company that break consumer laws.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I have informed our Commercial Lead of this situation and I would kindly ask you to reach our Support Teams for a suitable resolution. My recommendation would be to open a ticket using the contact form available at the link below:

Please make sure to mention that, even though the VPN subscription has been disabled, the commercial e-mails are still being sent. We won't be able to resolve the inquiry here, because I can only provide you with the option to unsubscribe or cancel the marketing communication altogether, and you have expressed your wish to keep the communication relevant to your antivirus.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.

• DandW
    Options

It's my experience that you won't get anywhere by contacting support !!

• Dean60
    Options

See my first post.

I have contacted support and while I have received only a couple of these emails since, the fact they are specifying my expired VPN means they haven't stopped. I am looking for help here as support did not do what I wanted.

All I can do it seems is wait and see how many I continue to get.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I have noticed that you got in touch with our Support Teams and for this reason I did not advise to contact them in my first reply. After checking the VPN subscription, I have also viewed your Support Ticket and concluded that the VPN subscription was indeed canceled by one of the Support representatives, as per your request. Normally, the subscription cancellation should have disabled the notifications related to it as well. Thus, the issue might be somewhere else.

As you wish to keep the commercial notifications for the antivirus, the separate VPN notifications must be addressed by the Support Teams.

Best regards.