Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Adding Office 365 apps to "Working Profile"

Options

I was having such issues with BD hogging all the disk I/O when I fired up my laptop, that it made the laptop pretty much unusable for 20 or 30 minutes. I discovered the profiles in the utilities and was able to add several apps to the work profile like Quicken and FireFox. However, when I tried to add Office 365 Word or Excel, I could not find the apps anywhere. As a retired MCSE, I browsed the registry and found the locations of the Office 365 apps. Seems that they are located in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\" which is a hidden folder that the laptop administrator (me) does not have access to. The folder owner is "TrustedInstaller" (probably the MS installer app). Any ideas on how to add Excel or Word to BD profile list of apps?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LMillsap and welcome to the Community!

I think this is one for the engineers to investigate, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this.

You can get in touch with our Support Teams by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Still seems to be an issue in 2024, at least for me. Has this been rectified?

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ljeffries_linux ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. I recommend that you contact Support.

Chat is the fastest way to reach them. Telephone support is not toll-free, but you do have an email option.

Please post back what you find out for the benefit of other users.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor