Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will Bitdefender VPN allow me to register in the US to stream directly from there? Expre

Options

Will Bitdefender VPN allow me to register an IP address in the States and then stream directly into Canada? We have some of the dumbest protectionist stuff going on here. ExpressVPN says they can do that.

Thanks

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @redneckdinosaur and welcome to the Community!

Could you please share with us more details in regards to the streaming process? I am unsure what do you mean by registration of an IP address.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I confess to being one of the world's biggest technological dinosaurs. Here is a quote from an article about VPNs.

"Some people use VPNs to get around region restrictions on streaming sites and access the full international Netflix library."

I don't care about Netflix, but we do stream programming from the US to where we live in Canada. We would like to stream Fox Nation but there is some kind of regional restriction going on--probably by our dorky Canadian government.

Express VPN advertises that I can bypass this by using a US VPN server. Because I have Bitdefender on our computers and happen to really like it, I want to know if I can get the same thing from your VPN.

Thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Some websites have implemented a system to detect VPNs and do not load or display errors if the Internet connection is filtered through a VPN. I cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the platform in question using the VPN. First, we need to know if the streaming platforms that you wish to use are blocking VPN connections. Then, if you are using the Premium VPN version, you can switch servers to see which one allows a successful connection.

There are a few steps to follow, detailed in the article below:

Let me know if this was helpful.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user