Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Additional subscription codes?

Options

Hello all!

I have, today setup Bitdefender on 2 Windows PC's, 2 iPad's and an iPhone after deciding, after many years to drop my current solution due to security concerns.

I purchased, via Amazon UK a product key card for Total Security, 5 devices, 1 year. This was much more cost effective than buying directly from the website, even though being sold directly by Bitdefender.

My question is, if I purchase another 5 device, 1 year code, how will this work when adding to Central?

Will this extend my new 1 year subscription to be 2 years total, for the existing 5 devices I've registered today, or will I have another, separate 5 devices each with 1 year total?

My ideal goal is to protect 6 devices, for 2 years, which seems to not be a straightforward option.

Separately to the above, I'm very confident that Bitdefender will meet my requirements, after doing substantial research. I had been using Kaspersky for quite some time, have been happy with it, but due to the current abhorrent situation, I have completely wiped my machines and decided to not use that product, for both security and political reasons.

Thanks in advance - Rupert.

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @iBearXST and welcome to the Bitdefender Community!

Your Total Security license can be extended for an additional year using an activation code for the same variation of devices. A single Central account supports the activation and usage in parallel of multiple subscriptions valid for the same Bitdefender product (e.g. Bitdefender Total Security for 5 devices and Bitdefender Total Security for 10 devices). If the new activation code redeemed in Central is for the same product and variation of devices, you will be given 2 activation options, for more flexibility: you can either extend the validity of the current license, or activate the new license in parallel, with the scope to protect more devices. If the new activation code has a different variation of devices, only the option of parallel activation will be displayed.

Therefore, should you wish to extend your current license that expires next year, you may purchase an addtional Total Security for up to 5 devices and choose the extend option when redeeming the code.

Should you wish to protect addtional devices, you may activate the new code in parallel. Total Security does not have the variation of 1 slot, thus in the event the device limit was reached for the current license, the solution would be either to purchase a Total Security license for 5 devices, or to purchase a license of 1 device for the operating system that requires protection (Antivirus Plus or Internet Security for Windows or Antivirus for Mac for MacOS, or the relevant Mobile Security license, either for Android or IOS).

I hope the information is helpful.

By the way, nice Focus ST you have there 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• iBearXST
    iBearXST
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi Alexandru,

Super helpful - thank you. I have just purchased another 5 device, 1 year license. Pleased to hear that Central offers that degree of flexibility with how to use the codes!

The ST is pretty nice, just expensive to run! 🤑

Many thanks. 😀

• D4V3
    Options

I've also moved to Bitdefender from Kaspersky for the same political and security reasons.

I wanted a 6 device license, not 5. I think Bitdefender should improve its licensing model to be more flexible, but without making it financially unviable.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @D4V3 and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Flexibility is exactly what the developers had in mind, when designing the new subscription model. Because even though you cannot purchase a 6-device subscription from start, you can purchase one for up to 5 devices and an additional subscription for 1 device. Or, you can purchase a subscription for up to 10 devices from start and have 4 extra slots available, if you plan to protect more devices in the future.

I shall ellaborate on this. Let's say that you have 3 devices operating on Windows and 2 MacOS devices. A Total Security subscription of up to 5 devices can cover these requirements. Then, if you wish to protect the 6th device, depending on its operating system, you can purchase a subscription for 1 device, which can be activated in parallel next to the existing one that already protects 5 devices and this way you can protect 6 devices in total.

Thank you for choosing Bitdefender!

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• inno
    Options

ciao ho installato bitdefender su due pc windows con due email diverse

adesso con la mia licenza posso attivarli tutti e due