Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I manually renew my subscription?

Options

Received an email today telling me that my auto-renewal had failed and inviting me to click on links in the email to rectify the situation.

As a rule I don't follow links in unsolicited emails even when it appears to be from someone I do business with. In this case you're also dealing with a third party reseller so there's an extra layer of suspicion. So I log into Bitdefender Central to manually renew the sub (I suspect that the problem is we have moved so the billing address doesn't match the address for the payment card). THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS OR METHOD WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED FROM BD CENTRAL! There is also no way to manually complete the transaction other than to follow the link and enter a new payment method into a one-off third party form.

There seems to be a complete disconnect between the Bitdefender service (which is great) and the reseller (which stinks).

Answers

• So after posting this I go back for one last look at My Subscriptions\My Payments and instead of just listing my product history, there's an embedded 2CO page inviting me to log in (again, despite already being logged in to BD Central). Once logged in I am able to retry the sub and it works.

This is still the shonkiest renewal/purchase experience I have ever had with a reputable online brand. Needs sorting out.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @ShamClouder and thank you for reaching out!

You are correct, if the payment or billing address have changed, the automatic renewal feature will not go through and the information must be first updated for the transaction to settle.

2Checkout is the authorized vendor of Bitdefender products that are available for purchase online, from the official website. It’s a secured platform that centralizes all the shopping activity for the users who have purchased software or services from Bitdefender. Because the Bitdefender products are not sold directly, subscription billing is achieved with the help of the vendor and a separate 2Checkout account is automatically created for the customer, after the first purchase is complete. You can use this account to do the following:

• view the status of your order even if the payment is incomplete
    • view your complete order history
    • download invoices
    • retrieve activation codes
    • renew your subscription
    • stop or enable the automatic renewal of your service
    • find the support details for the purchased Bitdefender product
    • edit all your personal and billing information. At the moment, the e-mail address can be changed only by contacting 2Checkout or Bitdefender support

These actions cannot be fullfilled using the Central account, as this was specifically designed for managing all your Bitdefender products and subscriptions. From Central, you can control security, activate and manage your subscriptions, install protection, track your lost devices and run remote scans and optimizations.

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Bitdefender.

Enjoy your stay in the Community!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• MrNeil
    Options

how do I get access to the vendor to change the card?

• So it turns out that it looked like I had retried and it had worked but I'm still being nagged for information and told there is a problem with my payment. I follow the link in the email and I can see the order details but there's no way to amend them. There is no link to the vendor on the Bitdefender central website and when I get to 2Checkout via the link on the email there is still nowhere I can change my address.

Although Alexandru (above) confirms that I need to change my billing details with 2Checkout he doesn't actually tell me how to do this or give me any actual real help or address the fact that the integration between Bitdefender and 2Checkout sucks badly!

This is a pain because I really don't have time to be moving products right now!

• Good question mate. No idea other than through the nag email. Even then you can change the card but not your address.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Go to https://store.bitdefender.com/myaccount/ to access your 2Checkout account. Type in the e-mail address used when placing the Bitdefender order or the order number, then click on “Send access link”.

You will receive an e-mail with an access link valid for 1 hour. Follow the link to access your 2Checkout account.

From here you can update the payment information. Should you require assistance on the vendor's platform, you may contact 2Checkout directly by sending a request at the following e-mail address: support@2checkout.com.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user