Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quit accessibility button at miui 13

Options

Hello everyone,

I've just updated to miui 13.0.1.0 on my pocophone x3 pro and a weird floating button appeared on the screen:

If you see at the middle of the screen, on the right side, the icon of bitdefender appears. It seems to be an accessibility one, but when turning this feature of it keeps showing.

I've checked the app permissions but nothing there also.

Anyone knows how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @sergi

This is the Android's latest "bubble feature" that is enabled by default. You can find all the steps on how to disable this in the article below:

Other members also asked about this in the threads below:

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• hello,

it's the second time i reinstall BD security on my xiaomi mi 11 lite miui 13.(that is to say i installed it 3 times)

i disabled the "accessibility" because it's quite annoying to have that bubble in the screen that is always at a wrong place at a moment or another. and i suddenly have a message that tells "protection web disabled, turn on accessibility".

i don't want that accessibility! it's off now, and i will see what will happen.

thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @afkebir,

The Web Protection feature in Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android keeps turning off because the device is using Power Saving mode to save battery, which stops the running apps.

A large part of the bonus features of smartphones revolves around battery life and performance optimization. It is for this reason that vendors are packing battery-saving features with each Android release. But some optimization mechanisms are so aggressive that they kill useful background apps when the screen turns off to maximize your smartphone’s battery life.

This impacts most of the apps that run in the background. Most affected are 3rd party alarm clocks, automation apps, and especially apps that need to work even when you are not actively using your smartphone. The latter category also includes Bitdefender’s Web Protection. Web Protection loses the Accessibility permission required to function when the Android system force stops background applications.

This is why an alert has been implemented warning that another service has disabled Web Security and needs to be enabled again.

The issue is caused by a system optimization mechanism that removes the permission required by Web Protection. Solving it can be different depending on the device. You can either look for battery optimization and exclude (remove) the Bitdefender Mobile Security app, or look for some rules that can be handled at device-level for managing apps or prioritizing their background functionality.

The exclusions steps may vary depending on the phone/brand. I recommend looking through the device battery or power-saving settings to find a method of excluding the Bitdefender app from being closed off, so you can keep Web Protection enabled at all times and browse safely.

As a last resort, consider contacting the phone manufacturer for further guidance and alternative solutions.

Choose according to your Xiaomi MiUI version. Go to Settings → About Phone to find your MiUI version.

MiUI 12

1. Go to Settings ⚙︎ on your Xiaomi device. 
    2. Tap Privacy → Manage → Special app access → Battery Optimization.
    3. Select All apps from the top ribbon, then choose Bitdefender Security and select Don’t optimize.

MiUI 11

1. Go to Settings ⚙︎ on your Xiaomi device. 
    2. Tap Apps → Manage apps → Bitdefender Security.
    3. Make sure Autostart is enabled.
    4. Tap Other permissions and enable the following permissions:
      • Show on lock screen
      • Display pop-up window
      • Display pop-up windows while running in the background

5. Tap the ← back arrow, then tap Battery Saver and choose No restrictions.

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

• MrB
    MrB
    edited April 2022
    Options

I have exactly the same issue. The guide provided by Bitdefender relates to version 12 of MIUI and not version 13 of MIUI.

Bitdendender is set to not/don't optimise

And in the Accessibility settings there is an error message saying the service is malfunctioning.

I have tried to reinstall Bitdefender but that has not resolved this problem. I think Bitdefender need to look at how their app works or doesn't work with MIUI 13.

Any help in resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MrB,

Thank you for reaching out.

For Miui 13 check Settings > accessibility > downloaded apps > Bitdefender Mobile Security > In the options panel toggle Bitdefender Mobile security off (the second option from the second screenshot).

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.