Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Activate Web Protection On iOS. Any Help?

JJBowel
edited February 2023 in Mobile Security

I've subscribed to it, but I cannot use it.

I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Answers

• Hello @JJBowel and welcome to the Community!

I have noticed you have an iPhone and an iPad currently protected by the paid Mobile Security version.

Have you encountered any errors when attempting to activate the Web Protection? Can you share more details with us so we can further advise? If possible, please attach a screenshot as well.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem on my iPhone

• To me, everything works !!

In order to activate web protection on iOS, you will need to give total rights to BitDefender VPN.

So for permanent protection, I think you need a BitDefender Premium VPN subscription!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• I think it's important to know under which circumstances this happens and also if there are any error messages displayed. Because the Web Protection & VPN features from Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS cannot be used at the same time, but alternatively. This means that turning on Web Protection in the app will disconnect the VPN and vice versa. Once a VPN session is ended, you can turn on Web Protection.

Web Protection automatically blocks malicious websites. When a URL points to a known phishing or fraudulent website, or to malicious content such as spyware or viruses, the webpage is blocked, and an alert is shown. The same thing happens when installed apps try to access malicious domains. With Web Protection, you are protected from accessing dangerous, phishing, and fraudulent pages.

On the other hand, VPN encrypts the data that leaves your iOS device, giving you the benefit of a private network even while you’re on a public Wi-Fi from the airport, mall, café, hotel, etc. When connected to VPN, you can access websites that are restricted to certain countries and you hide your own IP address, offering your online search more anonymity. VPN only does so much to anonymize your online activities. It won’t protect you online.

This behavior is not a dysfunction. Web Protection and VPN are two features designed for separate purposes: the first keeps you safe while browsing while the latter aims to provide internet anonymity.

Best regards.

• Strange, very strange Alexandru!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the BitDefender Mobile Security application on my iPhone!

At first opening, when I chose scan, web protection, had a red X, a sign that it is not active!

To activate it, I received a notification that BitDefender VPN needs to be activated. With active VPN, at the following scan, web protection was active.

Well, if I deactivate the VPN manual, and choose to scan, then VPN is activated alone, automatically.

This is why I believe, as IOS, web protection is related to active VPN.

If I'm wrong, I apologize

Best regards!

• I have been able to stop VPN complete, and at scanning, web protection was disabled!

• There is a glitch here, because whenever web protection is active, you also receive a notification from iOS that there is an active VPN service, because even though it serves a different purpose, the operating system thinks that web protection does about the same thing as a VPN. So they are together and separate at the same time, i know this doesn't make much sense 😅

Regards

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

I'm using Bitdefender iOS version, but it doesn't have the specified web protection.

Regarding VPN connection, you do not need a premium VPN license and you are connected to Bitdefender's secure DNS, so it is better to check the Internet function of the mobile terminal and the contents of the pay-as-you-go contract. Is it?

• @Steck1108 yes, you are using the free version which does not include the web protection.

• Here I am using a package paid version and it does not have the web protection on IOS without me paying a monthly supplement, why?

• Hello @Chrissim_55,

I have noticed you are using Total Security and have your iPhone covered by Mobile Security for iOS from this package. You don't have the Web Protection tab displayed on your device? Try to uninstall and reinstall the app and then make sure Mobile Security is synchronized with the Central account where the Total Security license is active.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender Mobile Security app installed on your iPhone or iPad.

2. Tap ••• More on the bottom navigation bar.

3. Choose My Account.

4. Tap Logout.

5. Tap Logout to confirm the action.

6. Sign in again with the e-mail address and the password of the Central account.

After completing the above instructions, your mobile device should display the Web Protection tab and should also appear protected in the Central account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Whenever this happens to me, it asks how long I want to pause web protection. The only thing that works is to restart my iPad. That always fixes the problem. That still doesn’t explain why it happens in the first place. Maybe it bottlenecks somewhere along the line.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Altje

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Mobile Support by e-mail:

bms@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• Hi guys, same problem here. Web protection doesn’t do its job to route and be the vpn.. it shows as if but when running privacy checkups - it looks as if web protection is working when I scan it says I am protected yet when I run a privacy checkup it says my Ip straight so it looks like it is working but but just apparently.. it isn’t really doing what it should - I went from reinstalling the apps to trying everything possible and no not working.