Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My Bitdefender VPN won't turn on

Options

I downloaded Bitdefender Total Security yesterday for 5 devices. The first was my android cell phone, Samsung Galaxy S8. After installing it I noted that the VPN was off. When I click on the screen it tries to connect and goes back to the same screen. When I look at notifications on my phone it shows Bitdefender VPN and to tap to secure your traffic. To that, I get a brief response saying "unable to connect (-702)". Also on the Notifications screen I get "Android System, disconnected from always-on VPN. Change network or VPN settings. When I go to my phone's settings and click on Connections >More connection settings it shows that their are no VPNs. What can I do to resolve this matter? I called the 1 (954) 414 9655) support number this morning and was on hold for two hours before the system terminated my call.

Answers

• Math_Matei
    Options

Maybe it is helpful to you

I found the answer in Romanian! Try Google Translate to understand what you need to do!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• I didn't understand what to do when it says "Tap power button on the VPN interface". Where do I find this and go about doing this. I am a novice when it comes to this stuff.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Robert_Ash2000,

The power button is the big blue button located in the middle of the VPN window. It's an ON/OFF button basically.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi...

Same with my VPN... i try to connect but it still not succesfull

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kevin Yap

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• I have Bitdefender VPN that came with my Bitfender Total Security. When I attempt to turn it on by pressing to "on" button, it tries to turn on, but it doesn't. What should I do? My computer is MS Win11.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello @tarcher and welcome to the Community!

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer, or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

Check this article for troubleshooting steps and let us know if the information is helpful:

However, if the VPN says it's connecting and nothing happens after switching servers, this might be caused by a recent bug that has been acknowledged by the developers and it's currently under investigation. I can't tell just from this behaviour, thus I recommend contacting our engineers for further assistance, if the issue persists. You can get in touch with them using the link below to choose your desired contact channel:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user