Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Block Windows file sharing with Bitdefender

Options
Xamaa
edited May 2022 in Enterprise Security

I have a computer on my small business network with one shared directory. I want to be able to access the shared directory from 2 admin computer. Ideally we would like to block any other computer on the network from accessing the directory.

Does anyone know how to set BITDEFENDER to block all file sharing except from the 2 admin computers???

I do have a username/password authentication for the file share web hosting but I wanted the added security of blocking the other users from any attempt to access the machine.

So I am trying to setup the BITDEFENDER firewall to block Windows File Sharing for everyone but the 2 admins.

so lets say the access computer is 192.xxx.yyy.10 and the 2 admins are 192.xxx.yyy.11 and 12 respectively with a computer at .15 to test

i tried the following ALL PROGRAM RULES

Deny TCP  both directions from 445 with and without 192.xxx.yyy.15

Deny TCP  both directions to 445  with and without 192.xxx.yyy.10   

Deny UDP  both directions to 135-139 with and without 192.xxx.yyy.10

None of these rules blocks 192.xxx.yyy.15 from accessing the share???     

The only rules I have been able to add to block the share is

Deny TCP both directions  all ports   all IPs

or

Deny TCP both directions  all ports  from 192.xxx.yyy.15 of course this requires adding a rule to block each computer separately

Any hints would be appreciated

Answers