Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BDIS 10 Manual Scan

Options

I downloaded Quicktime Alternative 1.81 from Beta News (12 mb), and before installing I decided to scan it. I right-clicked the exe and started BDIS. It found two exe files (almost identical) within the one exe in a couple of seconds (no virus found), then it just hangs at 99% scanning. I waited for 5 minutes, but it still stayed at 99%. I clicked on STOP, and got confirmation window, clicked on yes. It said "stopping scan..." but stayed like that for several minutes, so I closed BD window. A few moments later, I noticed a second BD icon in my system tray, with a scanning animation. I opened it, and it was the same manual scan. The cycle kept repeating, as I tried to stop the scan.

I tried d/l quicktime alt lite, and tried to scan that as well, same problem.

I finally had to go into task manager and kill the process. Is there possibly something wrong with the downloaded file, or BD?

BitDefender Internet Security v10 - Build 247

Virus Sig 562247

Engine 7.13477

Updated today.

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited June 2007
    Options

Hi fallstar

It could be corrupt or faulty installer. But sometimes I have the same problem that the bitdefender scan server can't stop itself. But that happens not very often. You can fix it by kill the bdlite.exe process.Take also a look a the scan speed. BitDefender get also stuck on 99 % when I scanned the same file as you downloaded.

Regards

Niels

• Take also a look a the scan speed.

Thanks for the reply. How does one look at the scanning speed?

• Niels
    Options

Hi Fallstar

Normally when you execute a contextual scan (rightclicking on a folder or file and choose BitDefender). Than you will see the BitDefender scan screen at the right side you will find also the scan speed that BitDefender uses.

Regards

Niels

• okay, thanks!

• Niels
    Options

Sometimes the scan scan speed is idle. Glad that I could assist you.

Regards

Niels