Should Bitdefender offer flexible subscriptions?

What do you think about Bitdefender offering flexible subscriptions? With flexible subscriptions I mean, you, being able to choose, which components you want to use and which not.

For example Antivirus and VPN but no Password Manager and 10 devices.

Should Bitdefender offer flexible subscriptions? 7 votes

Yes, I would like to be able to choose which services to use
14% 1 vote
No, the current subscription models are fine
85% 6 votes

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

The Bitdefender Total Security for 10 devices fits all my needs and i'm not willing to move to any other subscription, at least not for now.

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

IMO, it could become too much al-a-carte, and become confusing with more subscriptions/components to keep track of. As with Gjoksi, I like the features and package that come with Total Security, even with my AV+ and why I chose it for what was not included. I think there are enough security choices, subscription options etc, as is.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022

Here's my personal view on this. Each available subscription type was born after identifying a need and as a natural result, the portfolio evolved in the multiple-choice products we have today. Looking back 20 years ago, this was unheard of, as the options were limited and not that diversified and personalized as they are today. But this was a natural evolution of the security solution set, as more and more threats emerged and the malware landscape reached new hights.

To put it in perspective, the Bitdefender portfolio, which is divided in Business Solutions and Consumer Solutions currently offers 13 products and 5 services with multiple choices when it comes to device variation, subscription validity and add-ons. Let's take for example Internet Security, that can be purchased for 1, 3, 5 or 10 slots for protection as a 1-year, 2-years or 3-years plan. Furthermore, if the included VPN is not sufficient, you can opt to add Premium VPN to your purchase. And a Digital Identity Protection service, or a Password Manager for that matter. And the list goes on, there is a plethora of combinations to make, according to what's best suited for you. And this shows that a provider is thoughtful and aware of their customer's needs.

There is also flexibility when it comes to pricing, as there are various campagins over the course of one year and multiple points of sale available, courtesy of many trusted partners that sell Bitdefender products with exclusive discounts and bundles as well. We now have new members in the portfolio, with Ultimate Security and Identity Theft Protection and new services and technologies will continue to emerge, whenever there's a need or demand in a specific area.

Thus as it is, the offer is very rich and customizable and I think it covers the needs of the majority of users and this is exactly the aim of a security solution, to be able to provide value and protection for a relevant mass of users in a clear and effective way.

There is always a thin line between what is generally accepted and what may not be fitted to do. Too much variety can have exactly the opposite effect. If a portfolio or product category is divided in too many options, this may cause anxiety and confusion for the buyer, as they will ask themselves "what is the best option, do I need this one, or the other one, shall I add this as well, do I need it, will it work for me?". It's like going to the supermarket and seeing a shelf packed with dozens of shampoo bottles. You only want what's best for your hair, but how do you make the right choice, when there are so many options out there?

Too much variety may create disorder, chaos and confusion for the end users, in any industry.

There's a quote saying "you don't always get what you want, but what you need" and I'm a firm believer that there is truth in that.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott

"Too much variety may create disorder, chaos and confusion for the end users, in any industry.

There's a quote saying "you don't always get what you want, but what you need" and I'm a firm believer that there is truth in that".

Like and Agree.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Scott

Nice job, Gjoksi. As always with you, you go above and beyond here on the forum. Yes, plenty of options there.