Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Shredder option now missing in my Recycle Bin

Options

Instead of just empty my Windows 11 Recycle Bin I had an option when I right clicked to use "File Shredder" to empty my Recycle Bin.... that is no long available... was it removed? How do I get it back?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

First, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been resolved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issue.

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Currently, it seems that a bug has been reported to our developers concerning the absence of the shredder option in the recycle bin on Windows 11.

The development teams are looking into it and will come up with a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• dbrault
    Options

Any update on this? I have the same issue.

Thx

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are not alone @dbrault . I have no such option either. The last response by @Alexandru_BD was over 1.5 years ago. It must be something very complex to restore that option, or the developers got assigned higher priority duties . . .

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

It may be a bit of a hit-and-miss thing, as on my Windows 11 notebook with Plus, it does show that option (expanded the menu options). This is from a clean install of Plus this morning.

So, I'm not sure.

In Windows 10, it does display, but I know this is about Windows 11.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• dbrault
    Options

I agree @Scott . I just did a complete reinstall of Bitdefender total security and the file shredder now shows where it used to be.

• Scott
    Options

Thank you for reporting back your results. That is good news :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• garioch7
    Options

This is my "expanded" Recycle Bin menu.

I am not going to go to the work of uninstalling my "other" security product, to remove and then reinstall BD, and then reinstall the other security product and configure the exceptions in both products so that they play nicely in the same sandbox.

The lack of that File Shred option for the Recycle Bin is just not sufficiently important to me. I just shred files I want to be shredded directly rather than shred them from the Recycle Bin. To each their own!

Regards,

Phil

• Scott
    Options

I know at one point we were able to do a registry hack to enable the classic menu, and sometimes things got hidden when a person didn't click "show all". But it seems that option is no longer available?

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/restore-classic-start-menu-in-windows-11.30/

• garioch7
    Options

@Scott ,

Interesting, but in my case, I have done no "tweaking" to my Windows 11 Pro, the latest build. In my experience, Windows tends to like to break "tweaks" with updates and the user is left trying to figure out what has gone wrong. 🤷‍♂️

It is not worth it to me. I just live with what MS has designed.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil