BitDefender VPN blocks Remote Utilities Host

apersongt
edited June 2022 in VPN

I was using Remote Utilities Host without any problem.

Then I bought a BitDefender VPN one year subscription, installed it and Remote Utilities Host stopped working. I uninstall the BitDefender VPN on year subscription that I purchased and Remote Utilities Host works fine, as usual, as it was before I bought BitDefender VPN.

I added de .EXE files to the Split Tunneling feature of BitDefender VPN. I also added the id.remoteutilities.com site that provides server to this software and did not work at all. Still getting blocked by BitDefender VPN.

I tried starting up the remote computer and I get connection by Remote Utilities Host only as far as the BitDefender VPN is not loaded into memory. As soon as the BitDefender VPN service get loaded, my Remote Utilities Host gets blocked again.

It was working fine, until 3 weeks ago when an Update of BitDefender got downloaded. And if I uninstall BitDefender VPN my Remote Utilities Host starts to work fine, as it was 3 weeks ago.

Should I get rid of BitDefender VPN definitely in order to use my remote computers?

Forgot to tell: on 3 different remote computers occurs the same issue.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2022

Hello @apersongt and welcome to the Community!

Based on your description of the situation encountered and taking into consideration the steps followed so far, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this.

The engineers will require logs from the machine in order to further investigate. Unfortunately, this cannot be achieved on the forums. You can create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Then, create a connectivity log file by following the steps described here:

Afterwards, kindly get in touch with our engineers by opening a ticket where you can attach the logs. Access the link below, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the e-mail contact channel:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user