Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.******.DZP

Options

Hi,

For the past few days I have been receiving a "Threat found" on my Windows 10 desktop when I run the quick scan option.

The issue occurs every time Windows starts, I receive a warning and the threat is blocked. After running a quick scan the threat is found again (Trojan.******.DZP). I have two actions available, delete or ignore. When I select delete the threat is resolved, if I carry out another scan the threat is back again.

My question is this something anyone else is aware of, is it possibly a false positive?

Any help with this matter will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Could be a false positive, but it could be not.

If i were you, i would contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by following these steps:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

Answers

• LostEgg
    Options

Hi,

Many thanks for the very fast response to my question. Thank you as well for the instructions on how to submit this to Bitdefender.

Kind regards.

• Hey LostEgg,

Had same threat, running full scan right now, but did you get info back from support?

• Hi,

Same for me. Scan identifies threat of Trojan.******.DZQ. I delete it, but a further scan shoes the same threat. Any advice appreciated!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alun

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

As already posted in my comment above, do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.