Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is BitDefender a serious antivirus application, or just malware?

Antaerion
edited June 2022 in General Topics

I have heard a lot of good things about BitDefender, and the research seems to indicate that it is a respectable antivirus application, so I installed it. After installing it, however, it seems determined to advertise other BitDefender services to me. It is constnatly trying to get me to install BitDefender VPN. Sorry, I use NordVPN, one which is consistently reviewed as a superior quality product that is faster, has more access points, and keeps fewer logs. Asking me after I've said no just makes your product look consistently worse and like a lower quality product, both the service I keep saying no to and your supposed antivirus/antimalware program. In addition, it tries to ask me to install other services. And it will keep asking me about services that it has asked about before. Rarely does a day go by when I don't get 2 or 3 popups on my phone or computer for BitDefender products.

I have gone into settings on my computer and turned off both special offers and recommendation notifications, but I still get suggestions on my computer. The Android app doesn't appear to have such options anyway, not that it seems to work on the PC.

Look. I paid for your antivirus. I don't want your other garbage, I have better products handling those things. STOP SPAMMING ME. It's not a good look, and it is really just making BitDefender look like malware itself.

Answers