Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to resolve error 181

Recently I got "error 181" . last one more years I never seen this error and I never changed ( may windows update) system. I got recommendation to resolve this issue from community but it wasn't resolved. Please send me how to resolve this issue.

What I did.

If you have followed all the above steps, but Bitdefender is still unable to connect to the server, there may be an issue with the way the network is configured. To correct it, please flush and reset the DNS by following the instructions below. 

Open Command Prompt with administrator privileges: click the Windows Start ⊞ menu, type cmd then right-click the Command Prompt option in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

Type the following at the command prompt:

Type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter on the keyboard.

Type ipconfig /release and press Enter. 

Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

Next, type netsh winsock reset and press Enter

Finally, type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

Restart your computer afterwards.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Since the steps provided here:

i would recommend to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support, by following these steps:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Tunnel broken 181 issue

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Error 181 is a Bitdefender VPN error that means the connection to the VPN server has been lost. It can be caused by a number of things, such as a problem with your internet connection, a problem with the VPN server, or a problem with your computer's configuration.

You've already tried flushing and resetting the DNS, which is a good first step. If that didn't work, here are a few other things you can try:

1) Make sure you are connected to the internet. Check your internet connection by opening a web browser and trying to access a website.

2) Make sure the Bitdefender VPN is enabled. Open the Bitdefender VPN app and make sure it is turned on.

3) Try connecting to a different VPN server. In the Bitdefender VPN app, click on the "Servers" tab and select a different server.

4) Restart your computer. Sometimes a simple restart can fix the problem.

If you've tried all of these things and you're still getting Error 181, then you may need to contact Bitdefender support for help.

Here are some additional tips that may help you fix Error 181:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of the Bitdefender VPN app.

2) Disable any other VPN or proxy software that you are using.

3) Check your firewall settings to make sure they are not blocking the Bitdefender VPN app.

4) Try connecting to the VPN from a different location.

If issue persists,

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)