BitDefender not running on Windows 7 SP1

I have installed BitDefender on Windows 7 via the online installer. It gets the the screen saying "Preparing....." and then that screen disappears and Bitdefender is not fully installed. The Bitdefender agent service is there but no user interface. I have also downloaded and installed using the offline installer. The install all completes as expected: the dekstop icons are created, and I get a Bitdefender icon in the taskbar suggesting it is running. If I put my mouse over that icon it disappears, suggesting Bitdefender has crashed. It I double-click the Bitdefender desktop icon I get nothing. i have tried a complete uninstall and re-install. I previously has AVG and Avira on this laptop and have run the removals tools for both of those.

I am no stumped! Please advise.

Comments

• *now stumped

• Hello @CorriT and welcome to Bitdefender and the Community!

First, please make sure all windows updates are installed. If windows is up to date, but the issue persists, kindly contact the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose your desired contact channel.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user