Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

General "Critical" Events

Options

When I view events, I see various "Critical" entries, associated with Trojans hidden in Temporary Internet Files.

My query is - what does this actually mean?

Does it mean that the file(s) has/have been detected and deleted, or does it mean that I have to delete it(them) myself?

Only been using this prog for less than 24 hours and am still coming to grips with it.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi ejmuzz

Critical means that there are infections found.

Did you received a popup where BitDefender said blocked? If that is the case it means the trojans are still there. But BitDefender has blocked the access to the infected files.

It depends also on the settings what BitDefender must do when infected files are found.

All what you have to do is clear your temp files. If you still get a pop-up of BitDefender than you have to disable the realtime protection by starting BitDefender,antivirus,shield,and uncheck realtime protection enabled. Don't forget to check it again.

Regards

Niels

• ejmuzz
    Options

Thanks for that. I'll check the settings - never saw a pop-up.

• Niels
    Options

BitDefender will always display a pop-up when it blocked something but doesn't remove it. That is the default configuration. Glad that I could assist you.

Regards

Niels