Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to scan for each drive

Hello. I just finished setup for Internet Security edition today. Now, I don't find any setting that scan for each drive like D, E or network drive. How can I customize the setting for drive scan?

Currently, All drives seem to be scanned if I select "full scan".

Thanks!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Open.

3. In the Scans windows, click +Create scan.

4. In the Task Name field, type a name for the scan, then select the locations you would like to be scanned (like Drive C, Drive D, Drive E, etc.), and then click Next.

5. Configure these general options:

● Scan only applications. You can set Bitdefender to scan only accessed apps.

● Scan task priority. You can choose the impact a scan process should have on your system performance.

● Auto - The priority of the scan process will depend on the system activity. To make sure that the scan process will not affect the system activity, Bitdefender will decide whether the scan process should be run with high or low priority.

● High - The priority of the scan process will be high. By choosing this option, you will allow other programs to run slower and decrease the time needed for the scan process to finish.

● Low - The priority of the scan process will be low. By choosing this option, you will allow other programs to run faster and increase the time needed for the scan process to finish.

● Post scan actions. Choose what action Bitdefender should take in case no threats are found:

● Show Summary window

● Shutdown device

● Close Scan window

6. If you want to configure the scanning options in detail, click Show advanced options. You can find information about the listed scans at the end of this section.

Click Next.

7. You can enable Schedule scan task if you wish, and then choose when the custom scan you created should start.

● At system startup

● Daily

● Monthly

● Weekly

If you choose Daily, Monthly, or Weekly, drag the slider along the scale to set the desired period of time when the scheduled scan should start.

8. Click Save to save the settings and close the configuration window.

Regards.

• Okay, but can you disable all scanning of an image drive (backup to another drive)? i.e. C; is primary and E: is a copy of C:. E does not need to be scanned if the image was clean when it was made.