Bitdefender VPN v.24.x and Port Forwarding unblocking?

KHGrimm
edited July 23 in VPN

Looks like VPN is blocking and preventing Port Forwarding from working properly. Are you ever going to fix this? No where have I been able to get any information searching your site and others on the web.

Why does it seem I have to buy and use another company software/service? I think it should be the user decision on security and not anybody else when it comes to PF and other features that are functionally necessary and might create security vulnerabilities.

Answers

• Hello @KHGrimm,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers will need to have a closer look at the machine. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Sorry, that seems like a poor answer. Bitdefender VPN does NOT allow port forwarding - your non-answer is validation. There is no reason to look at my PC, Windows, and configurations of any sort. I have software that wants to communicate over specific ports (I can assign the ports I want to use other than default) such as MS SQL based solutions, Bit Comet, Xtralis DVR/NVR remoting, etc. When VPN is launched, those ports get "closed" because software is causing erroneous IP address on the inside of the firewall (on the private side on the router with NAT for going outbound).

I suggest that the company looks at some other competition on the market that successfully do this. If it can not be resolved, then there is no point in renewing this product subscription.

• I also wish that I could do port forwarding in the VPN

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited October 2023

As @Alexandru_BD mentioned, you will need to contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/.

Depending on your selected product and the type of issue you are facing, you can get in touch with a support representative via email, chat, or phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number in your registered email. The support team will respond within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Kindly note that the Bitdefender community only provides limited information, and the support staff can forward your feedback to the developers.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

This discussion has been closed.