Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender VPN on smartphone while connected to Android Auto in vehicle has a problem.

Options

When Bitdefender VPN is running on my smartphone and my smartphone is connected to the Android Auto in my Toyota and I have directions to a friends house, the voice of the Android Auto is not working. So, I had to removed Bitdefender VPN to get it work work correctly. Why? Do you have any suggestions or a resolutions for this problem?

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @RickFL

Since Bitdefender VPN is a internet based app, it will not work with an onboard auto app. It looks for the nearest Bitdefender VPN internet server to connect to. You can use your phone directly to connect to the cars Android Auto, but you would need to disable VPN before using it for the two to sync properly. Just open the VPN app, and disable it from the button in the middle. You could try Split tunneling for Apps in the VPN settings, if there was an app on your phone for Android Auto, but that may be more of an onboard thing with the cars app itself? When you open the VPN Settings/Split tunneling/Apps, will show you the phones apps that can be bypassed using split tunneling.

Taken from the below link:

A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a service that allows you to connect to the Internet by the means of an encrypted and secure tunnel.

Bitdefender VPN secures your online activity so that you remain protected each time you connect to unsecured wireless networks while in airports, malls, cafés, or hotels.

Bitdefender VPN is designed to offer a light experience while surfing the web.

I hope this helped to answer your question,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/