I have Android 12 on my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Bit Defender continues to be disabled

Answers

• This is real pain even when I turn off the Optimisation for BD and apply Web protection it is fine for a few days only!

• Hello @Tonymen and welcome to the Community!

Are you referring to the Web Protection feature and are you using VPN as well?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Yes I am and the vpn is off

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited August 2022

Most likely, the Web Protection feature keeps turning off because the device is using Power Saving mode to save battery, which stops the running apps.

A large part of the bonus features of smartphones revolves around battery life and performance optimization. It is for this reason that vendors are packing battery-saving features with each Android release. But some optimization mechanisms are so aggressive that they kill useful background apps when the screen turns off to maximize your smartphone’s battery life.

Solving this can be different depending on the device. You can either look for battery optimization and exclude (remove) the Bitdefender Mobile Security app, or look for some rules that can be handled at device-level for managing apps or prioritizing their background functionality.

Apply the settings below and see if this helps:

1. Go to Settings ⚙︎ on your Samsung device and tap Battery and device care.
    2. Tap Battery, then select Background usage limits.
    3. Tap Never sleeping apps.
    4. Tap the plus icon ⊕ in the top-right corner, then select the Bitdefender Mobile Security app.
    5. Tap Add to add the app to the list.

After removing Bitdefender from your battery-saving settings, you need to restore the Accessibility permission for Web Protection to work. To reactivate the Accessibility permission:

• Go to Settings ⚙︎ on your Android device. 
    • Open the Accessibility section.
    • Select Bitdefender Mobile Security in the list of downloaded apps.

If the above steps do not solve the issue, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. They can have a look at the device and further advise.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• I have the same problem Samsung M32 running android 12. I have followed the steps above but when it comes to adding Bitdefender mobile security to the list of never sleeping apps apps bitdefender mobile security does not appear in the list so that it can be added! It is definitely loaded and working though. Very frustrating. Any ideas on how to get it included in the list to select?

• Hello @Kiwi Steve,

In this case, try the steps from this link:

I couldn't find the specific instructions for Android 12, but maybe this helps somehow.

Regards