Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there a way to shut off the VPN for an entire web search session?

I need to do fast, but lengthy research sessions on the Internet, searches that involve many websites. I don't have the time to either turn off the VPN connection for each website individually (which increasingly doesn't work) or to whitelist dozens of site per day sites that I will never need to revisit. Is there a way to turn the VPN off (as in toggle it off) until I (not Bitdefender) decide that I want a VPN secured laptop again? I'm beginning to think I bought the wrong Security product. Because of this situation I'm not loading Bitdefender on the computers of the president of our small firm.

Answers

• Hello @RadFGalore and welcome to the Community!

All customers that use one of our security suites also benefit from 200 Mb/day of free VPN encrypted traffic, therefore the app is installed so the customer can utilize the full functionality of the product they chose. But the VPN can be managed separately from the antivirus.

The VPN connection can be enabled or disabled at the user's discretion. It doesn't always have to be ON. As a general rule, it is recommended to use an encrypted connection in the following scenarios:

• when you want to connect to public wireless networks;
    • when you want to access content that is normally restricted in specific areas, no matter if you are home or abroad;
    • when you want to keep your personal data private (usernames, passwords, email addresses, credit card information, etc.);
    • when you want to hide your IP address.

Turning the Bitdefender VPN ON/OFF is fairly straightforward. Once installed, open the Bitdefender VPN app and tap on the circular button in the middle of the interface and wait for the connection to be established. Tap the same button whenever you wish to shut the VPN off:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Which can also easily be disabled and enabled by right-clicking the VPN System tray icon without having to open the app itself.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/