Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

10 extra codes provided when activating 2-Factor Authentication ...

Options

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I was given 10 extra codes when activating 2-Factor Authentication for my BitDefender Central.In a hurry, I forgot to read carefully how and when to use those codes.

Please help giving me instruction / explanation.

Many thanks in advance.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Check out this article:

"ⓘ Important!

Make a note of the extra codes you receive when you activate 2-Factor Authentication. They will come in handy if you ever get locked out of your Bitdefender Central account."

Regards.

• DZOU
    Options

@Gjoksi Thank you very much for your quick reply. However if I get locked out of my Bitdefender Central account, then I will not / cannot be in the LogIn page of BitDefender Central, where can I fill in such extra code(s)?

Thanks in advance, again, for your patience.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again.

TBH my account has never been locked and can't be sure where you can use the codes. Maybe, if your account gets locked, the Bitdefender staff will ask you for a code to unlock you account, but i'm not sure.

Anyway, @Alexandru_BD, who works for Bitdefender, can tell us more.

Regards.

• DZOU
    Options

@Gjoksi  Perhaps later I will try deactivating then re-activating 2-Factor Authentication to read instructions on usage of 10 extra codes. Anyway, many thanks for your reply and your patience.

• Hello @DZOU,

In the event you cannot login, in the enter master password window there is a link "I've forgotten my password" and when you click there, you can enter the recovery key and set your new password to gain back access.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• DZOU
    Options

@Alexandru_BD Oh yes, I remember having seen that link "I've forgotten my password". It's really so simple ! Many Thanks for your advice.

@Gjoksi Thanks for introducing Alexandru_BD.

• You are most welcome @DZOU, we're here if you need anything and you can write to us anytime.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user