Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Protect a New Way For Not Disconnect

Options

Hi, Thank You For Your Best Vpn Creation. Unfortunately, by making internet filtering more complicated, the Islamic Republic of Iran makes it impossible to establish a permanent connection to this wonderful VPN, and it is disconnected a few seconds or finally a minute after the connection. Please provide a possibility that in any case, the VPN connection will be maintained and it will be disconnected automatically.

Regards

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @hotbird7 and thank you for your message.

The restriction of service occurred in connection to the export restrictions that are governing Bitdefender under General License D-1 issued by the U.S.*

*Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) under the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (“ITSR”).

Under the U.S. regulations, Bitdefender shall not directly or indirectly through channel partners sell and support services to any customers that meet the following broad definition of the “Government of Iran” in Section 560.304 of the ITSR. Compliance with the export restriction is extremely important to our company, therefore as part of our ongoing efforts to comply with export control regulations, we have made the decision to suspend our services.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact ethics@bitdefender.com 

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi Sir,

According to the recent events in Iran, the US government has considered exempting the Iranian people from internet sanctions. It was for this reason that Elon Musk was able to get permission to send satellite internet equipment to the people of Iran, despite other sanctions against the Iranian government. Because here the people have been oppressed by the government and the U.S government has even promised financial aid to those who want to take action in this field. Please do some research about this recently done.

Best Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, I am aware of the most recent developments, however, I am not in the position to say whether these changes will affect the decision to suspend the services in Iran. The compliance with the aforementioned regulation is mandatory and very important for the company. It is still in effect.

I understand your dissapointment in the given circumstances and I hope things will change for the better.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Blessing.