Very High Disk Usage During Update (Bitdefender Total Security 21.0.24.54 On Windows 10 64-bit)

aj_chicago
edited October 2022 in Install & Updates

Very High Disk Usage During Update

Nzyme

March 2017

I think the title says it all, I am running the Bitdefender Total Security 2017 (build: 21.0.24.54) on Windows 10 64 bit with 3GB RAM. I observed that whenever I manually updated BD, my PC would become unresponsive and when I see the disk usage, it would show around 100%. Earlier, BD was on Auto Pilot and whenever I restarted my PC, this would happen. Later, I turned auto pilot off and also changed the setting for "Update Automatically" to "Never". I manually update once every 2 or 3 days now but still see this issue every single time during an update.

I have also read other users facing this issue and BD has does nothing so far to fix this. I am beginning to wonder if it is collecting all the information (files, folders, etc) and passing it on to the BD labs without user's consent as a user reported in another thread that during an update, he observed multiple files being opened by BD. BD is definitely upto something suspicious during an update as just getting an update definition file from a URL would certainly not take this much disk space. A clear and precise explanation from a technical BD agent is needed here as to what's cooking up during an update and why is the disk usage so high.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

A fix for the issue has been included in build 26.0.23.80.

Anyway, you should update your Bitdefender product to the latest build 26.0.28.94.

Regards.