How To Show Windows Defender As Active?

austin14456
edited November 2022 in Install & Updates

My job requires me to connect to a Pulse Secure VPN and part of that requirement is having Windows Defender showing as active. Is there any way I can still use Bitdefender while showing the system that Windows Defender is active? Is there any way to get around the conflict that having both active would cause? I really like Bitdefender and would like to keep using it if at all possible.

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @austin14456,

It's not possible to spoof this. During the setup, Bitdefender identifies other security products that were previously installed and as @Gjoksi wrote, it will automatically turn off Windows Defender and there's no option to turn it back on afterwards:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

When Bitdefender is installed it will automatically turn off Windows Defender (Passive Mode).

Passive mode means Microsoft Defender Antivirus running, but is not the primary antivirus/antimalware product on your device.

It is not a good idea to have the two running side by side, because they will basically be fighting each other for control of your system and that will result in a loss of performance on your PC.

Regards.

• That's what I figured. So is the only way to show it as active to remove Bitdefender? Is there any way to spoof it?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello again.

I don't think that it is possible to spoof it. It can be only one antivirus program running on your PC: Windows Defender or Bitdefender. If you remove Bitdefender from your device, Windows Defender will be be your primary antivirus solution and therefore will be activated/enabled.

Maybe @Alexandru_BD has something else to add here.

Don't make a fast decision, just wait for @Alexandru_BD's comment.

Kind regards.

• Okay! Thanks for your help!

• For a few days now both Bitdefender and Windows Defender don't work. I get popups from both programs that restart is needed, and when I restart, nothing changes.

I'm also logged out of Bitdefender and whenever I try to log in, it logs me out instantly.

I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo G500 laptop.

Any ideas what's wrong? Thank you!

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

Hi @ocasaenva

How do you mean, logged out of Bitdefender, from your Central account?

I would run a repair, and see if that helps restore the communication between Windows and Bitdefender.

If needed after that, you could try Switch Account from the top of the dashboard using your Central email address and password.

Also, if needed, you could totally uninstall BD using the uninstall tool, then in Central delete that PC from your devices, then go into your subscriptions and "Install on this device" and see if that clears things up.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• ocasaenva
    edited March 2023

For a few days now both Bitdefender and Windows Defender don't work. I get popups from both programs that restart is needed, and when I restart, nothing changes.

I'm also logged out of Bitdefender and whenever I try to log in, it logs me out instantly.

I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo G500 laptop.

Any ideas what's wrong? Thank you!

I got this,...

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

I edited your your post, kindly refrain from posting outside links that provide other products and services, as that is against the forum rules.

Did you try the recommendations I previously posted to you? Otherwise, please contact support from the link below.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/