Bitdefender Premium VPN Blocking Websites. What Can I Do?

Riverrogue
edited November 2022 in Install & Updates

Hi,

We have a paid subscription. It updates nearly every day. The last two updates are blocking my log-on to Xfinity email. I believe this is due to the VPN... Bit Defender is also blocking a Bacgammon Studio Heroes website and/or slows it down to a crawl. PLEASE help me understand why this has changed and what I can do about it.

Thank you,

JB

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hello.

You didn't mention what Bitdefender product(s) are you using: Bitdefender Total Security, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Premium Security, Bitdefender Premium VPN etc., so we can assist you.

Regards.

• Hello @Riverrogue,

I have noticed you are using an Antivirus Plus license and also a Premium VPN standalone license. Are the websites and apps blocked while using a VPN connection? If yes, you can try the steps described in the articles below and see if they help:

If you suspect that the websites and apps are blocked by the antivirus, check the following articles for possible reasons and troubleshooting steps:

The above instructions would generally apply and there are several possible reasons behind this behaviour, but to know for sure what the root cause is, we need to go deeper into specifics and disable all security modules one by one, to find out which one is blocking the connection. You can try this as well, if the above steps do not fix the connectivity issues:

Simply try to access the desired websites and apps after each deactivation and don't forget to re-enable your defenses once the troubleshooting process is done. This should normally reveal which security module is blocking the connection and further correction steps can be applied afterwards, depending on the module.

Let us know how it goes and if the above information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user