BSOD Caused By Driver "bddci.sys". Any Suggestions?

JimK__89
edited November 2022 in Install & Updates

I de-installed Bitdefender, but bddci.sys was left behind and my admin rights cannot change or remove the file.  I am getting blue screen of death when I use browsers (chrome, edge and firefox under windows 10) on a sporadic basis. HELP! 

Anyone have any knowledge of how/when this BITDEFENDER file operates and how to remove it?

Here is my dump file from my BSOD:

==================================================

Dump File : 112122-11203-01.dmp

Crash Time : 11/21/2022 9:37:12 AM

Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1

Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000008

Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002

Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4 : fffff804`29f3d460

Caused By Driver : bddci.sys

Caused By Address : bddci.sys+25cae

File Description : 

Product name : 

Company : 

File version : 

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f9290

Stack Address 1 : 

Stack Address 2 : 

Stack Address 3 : 

computer name : 

Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\112122-11203-01.dmp

Processor Count : 12

Major version : 15

Minor Version : 19041

Dump File Size : 3,927,052

================================================== ==================================================

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It should completely remove the program.

Also, after the uninstallation is done, for removing the leftovers from Bitdefender, you could scan your PC for junk files and registry issues, and then clean/delete them, by using any optimization tools, like CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

After everything is done, you should restart your PC.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.