If I Uninstall Bitdefender, Will I Lose My Subscription?

Mark989
edited December 2022 in Install & Updates

I lived in Houston, USA 6 yr's, and had no problems with my internet provider, end-user device, or Bitdefender.

I have just moved to the community: Amparo, city: Nova Friburgo, state: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I have just had what I was told was the best ISP for my area installed and I have problems.

Same laptop.

The upload\download speed is 36.3\33.2 respectively, ping: 8ms, fiber, company: Altarede.

Previous company 8 years ago, same location: Gigalink. As I recall no problems and was not fiber.

I think the problem is latency not bandwidth.

I am unable to access some sites, unable to log in using established userbane\password due to the length of time to "handshake".

Before I change companies with a new activation of Gigalink I am wondering if my Bit defender is interfering. I did not use BitD when here 8 years ago with Gigalink & no problems.

Unable to log-into Last Pass, access bank website ect. etc.

My question is: if I uninstall BitD can I reinstall without losing my subscription?

Suggestions?

Disregard request for subscription evidence. I have found the info and downloaded the invoice.

I just received notice a Altarede tech will come to my house so I can show them the problems.

Regards, Mark

Answers