Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does the premium VPN have a white list of sites it will not block?

Options

I have installed premium VPN on my laptop and mobile device. My laptop is a windows 10 and i have an android phone. I have Bitdefender Total Internet Security installed.

I find that on my laptop, I have to turn vpn off occasionally to search on google chrome. I also have to turn off vpn when i wish to refresh outlook.

Is this a known problem or is there a setting to have vpn on, when doing these tasks?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As far as I know it is not the vpn that might be blocking the website but the bitdefender total security web protection that may have kicked into action to block malicious or phishing website.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD do you guys have anything to share here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

The VPN does not have a record of blacklisted websites, in fact, it's actually the other way around, where some websites may detect and block VPN connections.

Now obviously this is not the case here. This looks like a known issue. Several users reported that they cannot send or receive emails (some users can only send, while some can only receive), when the VPN is connected. Based on the developers findings so far, some of the VPN servers allow the sending/receiving of the emails, while some don't.

This is currently being investigated and I would kindly ask you to contact our Support engineers, so they can obtain the required information for troubleshooting purposes. In regards to the browser behaviour, this must also be checked in detail.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for your advice. I will contact support and update you later.