Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Scan Not Working After Cleaning Vundo Infection

Options

Hi,

I was infected with several strains of Virtumonde / Vundo. It disabled Windows Updates, forced the cookies settings in IE to "allow all" and whenever i tried to do any virus scan with BD the pc just froze.

After trying several anti spyware softwares i manage to remove about 12 strains of Vundo with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (When BD Internet Security 2009 never detected a single one! - i could run BD Scan with Windows in safe mode - and Spybot S & D detected 2 that kept reappearing).

Malwarebytes software seems to have removed the infection (i did another scan today after updating and it said the PC is clean), Windows Updates are working and IE cookie settings are normal now... but... i still cant run BD scan... it still freezes the PC each time i try it.

My question is: Is this a sign that the infection is not totally clean? or is this something else?

Thank you for your time,

Manatubear

Comments

• adt
    Options

Please update to the latest version of Java and reinstall Bitdefender