Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

About web protection on iOS

Options

Hello everyone

As I know, I cannot enable web protection and VPN at the same time. However, when I enable web protection on iOS, the whole system detects that I am using a VPN! I can see the VPN logo on the notification bar, also when I navigate to settings, I see that VPN is enabled!

when I open Bitdefender app and go to VPN is not connected!

The issue is some apps such as banking app refuse to work while VPN is enabled, so I need to turn the web protection off to be able to use the banking app.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks in advanced!

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Kindly check on troubleshooting page of bitdefender vpn (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/troubleshooting/products-vpn/) where on the basis of your operating system you can find various troubleshooting steps related to different vpn issues.

If issue persists, 

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Moath,

The first time you turn on Web Protection on iOS, you will be prompted to allow Bitdefender to set up VPN configurations that will monitor network traffic. To be able to detect access to untrusted domains, Web Protection is working together with the VPN services. Since Web Protection requires this permission on your device, the VPN icon will be displayed.

We've learned that some banking websites or apps will not work when using VPN, due to various antifraud measures in place. It's best to contact the respective Bank in the event you wish to use their services with a VPN connection or Web Protection enabled, as this might not be possible. However, this is not a fault in the product, as the features were designed to function this way.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Thank you for your response!

I was confused because on Android it looks like it does not work the same way! Also, before I asked this question, I did search about the situation, and I found this question

The answer:

"By design, Web protection and VPN cannot be used at the same time and the product does not have a feature that allows them to function simultaneously. The two features are designed for separate purposes and can be enabled according to the usage: the first keeps you safe while browsing while the latter aims to provide internet anonymity."

Which made me think there is an issue!

Now, it is clear to me that it rely on VPN

Thanks again for your response and your time!

Regards