Issue With System Tray Icon For Bitdefender And VPN Download Speed. Any Help?

stevec13
edited December 2022 in Install & Updates

with the last update I received an update failure error and my system tray icon for bit defender changed to what looks like a "MS Word" icon. I was able to push the update when I turned off the VPN, but the system tray bit defender icon never corrected and is still non-functional. Now I can no longer push updates nor check if they occurred. Any advice? Win10 pro 64. Also I lose about 100Mbps download speed with the VPN enabled and my unloaded latency jumps 10x to 390ms. Don't think I'm going to use the VPN.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Also, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

Regards.

• Hello @stevec13,

In regards to network speed when using a VPN connection, depending on the distance between your actual location and the server location you choose to connect to, some speed penalty is expected, however it’s almost always sufficiently small that it goes unnoticed during normal online activity. Moreover, we rely on one of the fastest VPN infrastructures in the world. If it is not a must to connect from your location to a faraway hosted server (e.g. from the USA to France), we recommend you allow the VPN to automatically connect you to the nearest server or find a server closer to your current location.

Concerning the update failure, can you tell us what was the error displayed at that time? To check this, click on the Notifications button from the left menu and select All. You can then consult the below article for the most common update errors encountered by Bitdefender on Windows and quick-fix solutions for each error code:

As it can be noticed, there are several possible reasons for a failed update and it's important to identify the error displayed, because this way we can know exactly where to look when troubleshooting.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user