BD Total Security Wants Me To Lower My Screen Resolution From 2560x1440 To 1024x768

Grafiksman
edited December 2022 in Install & Updates

This is more of a complaint than a question. When I installed BD Total Security, it wanted me to turn my screen resolution down to 1024x768 so it could fit on the screen. My OS recommended screen setting is 2560x1440, so I'm not about to turn it down just for BD and ruin the display quality for every other application. It's a bit ridiculous that BD can't accommodate higher resolution screens. This is just terrible engineering for the vast majority of newer computers with high-res displays. Please fix this!

Comments

• Hello @Grafiksman,

Based on my findings, Bitdefender does not impose this screen resolution and I have seen it running at 1440p with no issues whatsoever. If you can post a screenshot displaying this alleged recommendation, it will be much appreciated.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello Alexandru,

Alleged? That's a bit snarky, don't you think? I didn't imagine or hallucinate this.

The prompt popped when I was installing on my wife's laptop, so I can't offer you a screenshot of it since I clicked through to continue installing. I have a screenshot of the entire desktop showing the BD UI as it appears on the screen, but this forum doesn't allow me to attach it. Says "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links" when I try. If you could see the screenshot, you would see that the BD UI doesn't fit, and there's no way to make it fit.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited January 2023

I see that you have already been promoted to level 2 and if you are still unable to post the images on the forum then @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD will have a look at your forum account.

Further, you can go forward and contact bitdefender support regarding your query.

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Share the logs, image & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Here is a screenshot of the issue:

Maybe you have any zoom in or zoom out settings activated for your monitor.

Check out these 2 posts:

(just click on View Post)

My advice would be to do the steps below.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD

Anything to add or elaborate on the issue?

Thanks.

• Hello,

@Gjoksi nothing to add here, your comment sums it up very well.

@Grafiksman sorry about that, I didn't mean to sound snarky or anything like that, it's just that this is not something the antivirus would do and I'm inclined to think that this it's related to the OS and display settings. I am also not aware of the existence of such a pop-up and today I might have learned something new 🙂

Let us know if this could be fixed after following @Gjoksi's advice and if not, I have also asked our engineers in the meantime and I'll let you know if there are any other steps to try before getting in touch with them directly (if the issue persists).

Regards

• I have just got the same strange prompt from the BD.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi @VolodymyrR,

This notification can appear whenever the minimum resolution required is not set, because although the program will function correctly, it may not fit to screen properly.

Regards