Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender VPN Not Connecting Error 182. Any Suggestions?

Options
nalrumaihi
edited December 2022 in VPN

I don't know if BD VPN did not do the good update on the latest version, or my windows went sick.

For me I have deleted my windows user profile 1 week ago, since, BD VPN is not working. Contacted the support, and nothing as a fix.

I used my old windows XP experience thinking I can solve the issue, and I did an uninstall, and deleted every file from the REGEDIT and restarted.

YOU KNOW WHAT, it worked perfectly (for 5 mins), then the *** VPN did an automatic update... Again, the error 182 came back and it is not connecting.

Anyone with the same issue, or know how to solve this?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @nalrumaihi and welcome to the Community!

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer, or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

For the error code 182, check the article below for troubleshooting steps:

If these steps do not resolve the issue, kindly contact our Support Teams for further investigation, as more details might be required to fix this. You can reach the engineers using the link below, where you can choose the desired contact channel (chat, phone, email-ticket):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have done all, even contacted the support. Still no answer sadly

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I have located your open ticket and noticed it's with our senior engineers now. The error has been reproduced by the development teams and they are working on a fix. You haven't received a reply yet because the usual response timeframe may vary between 24 to 48hrs from the submission date, however, for inquiries that require a more in-depth investigation and bugs reported by multiple users, the resolution may take a little bit longer. Nevertheless, you will receive feedback from the Support engineers, as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user