Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Utility Profiles Broken. Any Help?

GalacticFrost
edited January 2023 in Utilities

I noticed that when I turn off the utility profiles and then after playing video games even though it was off it would turn the game profile on.

Normally this is fine but this profile keeps adjusting my power profile and nothing pisses me off more than a service I pay for adjusting my PC setting outside of my control. I tried to untick this option and then when I hit save and open the profile again it is as if it never took effect.

I already read that this was an issue in a previous software version but my software is up to date. Is anyone out there that can help me with this or let me know how to fix this ideally tech support that will enlighten me why a utility keeps resetting itself and how to permanently turn it off.

Like if this is a feature that has been giving problems over multiple versions why not just deactivate it till this issue is fixed or just remove the buggy utility? Not a big vote of confidence when my anti-virus causes issues on my pc.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and see if "Activate profiles automatically" option is enabled.

If the option is enabled, switch it off.

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello again.

In that case, do ste steps below.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.