BD Mobile Security App Using 12% Battery On iOS. Any Explanation?

TMB
TMB
edited January 2023 in Mobile Security

I have been using the bitdefender app on my iPhone (iPhone 13 pro with IOS16) for over a year now and it just came to my attention the past days that the bitdefender app is constistently making up 12% of all battery consumption each day. That seems a lot to me considering that I only have the internet security active and never use the VPN. Can you tell me, maybe from your own experiences, if that amount of battery consumption is normal? Kind Regards

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @TMB,

Considering the battery consumption percentages that circulated on the above thread recently, I would say 12% is very, very decent. What app version do you have? It's also useful to compare this usage with other apps, for example Safari is currently using 24% on my device, Instagram is using 20%, chat apps may use 4% to 13% percent but sometimes even more, as far as I've noticed.

The activity of other applications could also be reflected in the usage stats, because their traffic passes through Mobile Security, as long as Web Protection is enabled.

It is also normal for Bitdefender Mobile Security to appear with background usage, also because the local VPN tunnel used for filtering traffic (Web Protection) is enabled all the time (if kept enabled), precisely so that it can filter traffic, and all this usage is allocated to the application of which the extension is part of, but this does not mean that the application itself stays in the background all the time.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you for the information. I wasn’t aware that it is an ongoing issue specifically for IOS users. Kind Regards

• Hey @Alexandru_BD I updated the app to the latest version yesterday after reading your January 3rd post. Before I am not sure what version it was. I went though the battery data of the last 10 days and even if I try to relate it to safari usage it’s all over the place on some days Bitdefender takes um 20% or more even though safari just took 5% and on other days it’s the exact opposite. Let’s just hope that the next fixes get rid of the current issues. Kind Regards

• Hi @TMB,

Thank you for your input. We are still gathering feedback after the latest release and monitoring all available data. The development teams will draw their conclusions following this and will continue to work on a permanent fix.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user