How do I transfer photos from android to Window's One drive Photos

Before getting BD it was SO EASY for me to transfer my photos from my Android 7 cell phone to my laptop by connecting the two. I have now tried the same old process and it doesn't work, so I tried downloading (Windows and Google) apps and they didn't work, so I'm now at the point that I want to cut my wrist with my fingernail file. But it that isn't working either because it is too dull. So now I turn to you. Is there anyone who can help a dummy like me figure out what I am doing wrong? Do I need to turn off or on something with BD first? I appreciate your help!

😐️

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @IwantIn,

Try to disable 'Autoplay' from 'Vulnerability' settings and disable also 'Scan flash drives' from antivirus settings and let us know if the issue is resolved afterwards.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

• Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Disabled"; and
    • Protection -> Vulnerability -> Settings and disable "Autoplay".

Regards.

• Thanks for your help. It didn't work, although I do believe your advice is still correct. It makes sense anyways. When I connect my cell and select Hot Spot and do the (de)connections I still get the reading USB tethering (USB not connected). The cord is working fine, so I'm still baffled but not defeated. I'll look into more. Thanks again for reaching out - I really appreciate it. 

😀

• Hi Scott, Gjokski and Alexandru,

You guys are wonderful. Thanks for all your posts. The culprit actually turned out to be my device settings in windows at first. After I fixed it, I used your advice until I was able to transfer. Really appreciate your support! Have a good one,

IwantIn

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@IwantIn

Thank you for posting back your results, and for the kind words, we appreciate it 😊

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hi Guys (& Gals?),

I'm back again with the same problem. Is it because BD has given us an another upgrade? This time after repeating the following steps below nothing changed for me. To refresh your memory, I am connecting my android 7 to my laptop using a cable into the same port that I would put a USB into. My laptop accepts and reads the USB but not my cell phone. Here are my steps:

In BD>Protection>Antivirus>settings>disable scan flash drives

In BD>Protection>Vulnerability>settings>disable Autoplay

In MS Windows>Go to Start>type Run>devmgmt.msc>highlight computer>select Action>select scan for hardware changes>Restart computer

On Cell phone>select hot spot

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I appreciate any help you can offer. Until later, have a good day,

IwantIn (Maria)