Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2008 Renewal Key Problem

Options

I have BDIS 2008 with around 230 days left (3 PCs). I have renewed it for another year but BDIS is not accepting the key and pops up a message that the key is not for this software. I am completely satisfied with version 2008 and would not like to upgrade it to version 2009. What are my options now? If I install version 2009, will I have only 365 days left or 595?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Leon108,

While this is only a user forum. It's better that you contact customer care which you find here. Ask you question and select customer care.

Kind regards,

Niels

• While this is only a user forum. It's better that you contact customer care which you find here. Ask you question and select customer care.

Thanks, I did. Now, I am a very unhappy owner of 2 licenses for the same period of time. But this time for 6 computers!!! Wow! I am being sarcastic because right now I am very angry and frustrated. Only ###### would mean by "RENEWAL" that if I have previously bought license for 3 PCs for 1 year, then obviously now, I want to double the number of computers the license is valid for! LiveAssistance have told me that they would contact sales department and they should send me and e-mail in a couple of hours. We will see what they will say.

On the top of that bad news, I hear from another thread that BD charges automatically credit card when the software expires and there is no way to cancel it (no option in "MyAccount") except to call Visa and cancel it. What is going on?

• I have not received any e-mail from sales department as it was promised by Mrs.Kimberly on LiveAssistance. Obviously, talking to her was just a waste of my time. Could anybody advice me where do I have to write with my complaint?

• They have finally merged my 2 licenses into 1. Why it can't be done automatically during a purchase, I have no idea.

Now, I've got another problem with antispam filter pop up which blocks my Thunderbird... But that's for another thread.

• dave r
    edited November 2008
    Options
    They have finally merged my 2 licenses into 1. Why it can't be done automatically during a purchase, I have no idea.

Now, I've got another problem with antispam filter pop up which blocks my Thunderbird... But that's for another thread.

hi, read your threads, live support ######,(useless) sorry bd but is true,best bet is just to buy bd2008 in a shop then you have the key,add it when your current subs ends and should be no problem. unlike their update probs,lol, is a f*ckin joke 5days without em why pay for a product that dont update its self??

• Leon108
    edited November 2008
    Options

Because I've generally had a good experience with it. IS 2008 was working without any problems.

• ...I hear from another thread that BD charges automatically credit card when the software expires and there is no way to cancel it (no option in "MyAccount") except to call Visa and cancel it.

I wrote to customer service with a request to cancel automatic renewal. This is what they wrote:

"Per your request we have cancelled the auto-renewal for BitDefender 2009. Let

us know if there are any other orders you wish this feature to be disabled."